Long[R3] insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-1 Long[R3] ) is a Human Recombinant, single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain ontaining 83 amino acids. It is an analog of human IGF-1 comprising the complete human IGF-1 sequence with the substitution of an Arginine (Arg or R) for the Glutamic Acid (Glu or E) at position 3 (hence R3), and a 13 amino acid extension peptide at the N-terminus. Molecular Weight: 9111.6 daltons - confirmed by Mass Spectrometry It is produced in E. coli using a patented expression system the IGF-I Long[R3] is correctly folded and purified by several chromatography steps to yield Receptor Grade IGF-I Long[R3]. IGF-1 L[R3] is a sterile, non-pyrogenic, white lyophilized powder intended for subcutaneous or intramuscular injection, after reconstitution with sterile Water for Injection.
potency is due to the markedly decreased binding of IGF-1 Long[R3] to all IGF binding proteins. These binding proteins normally inhibit the biological actions of IGFs. IGF-1 stands for insulin-like growth factor. It is a natural substance that is produced in the human body and is at its highest natural levels during puberty. During puberty IGF-1 is the most responsible for the natural muscle growth that occurs during these few years. There are many different things that IGF-1 does in the human body.
Among the effects the most positive are:
- increased amino acid transport to cells
- increased glucose transport
- increased protein synthesis
- decreased protein degradation
- increased RNA synthesis.
When IGF-1 is active it behaves differently in different types of tissues. In muscle cells proteins and associated cell components are stimulated. Protein synthesis is increased along with amino acid absorption. As a source of energy, IGF-1 mobilizes fat for use as energy in adipose tissue. In lean tissue, IGF-1 prevents insulin from transporting glucose across cell membranes. As a result the cells have to switch to burning off fat as a source of energy. IGF-1 also mimic’s insulin in the human body. It makes muscles more sensitive to insulin’s effects, so if you are a person that currently uses insulin you can lower your dosage by a decent margin to achieve the same effects, and as mentioned IGF-1 will keep the insulin from making you fat. Perhaps the most interesting and potent effect IGF-1 has on the human body is its ability to cause hyperplasia, which is an actual splitting of cells. Hyperplasia is significantly different from Hypertrophy. Hypertrophy is simply an increase in the size of muscle cells. After puberty the human body has a set number of muscle cells, and Hypertrophy is to increase the size of these muscle cells. But IGF-1 is able to cause hyperplasia which actually increases the number of muscle cells present in the tissue. So in a way IGF-1 can actually change your genetic capabilities in terms of muscle tissue and cell count. IGF-1 proliferates and differentiates the number of types of cells present. At a genetic level it has the potential to alter an individuals capacity to build superior muscle density and size.
Regular IGF-1 only has a half-life of about 10-20 minutes in the human body and is quickly destroyed. The most effective IGF analog form of all is IGF-1 L[R3]. Because of its chemical alteration and the amino acid changes, IGF-1 L[R3] can avoid binding to proteins in the human body and so to have a much longer half life, around 20-30 hours.
Although IGF-1 is a very powerful muscle builder and fat burner, It is considered IGF-1 L[R3]to be 2-3 times more effective.
- Users can feel drained and tired all day. This seems to be one of the negative side effects to IGF-1, it will make you sleep longer and you will require more sleep at night to feel rested for the morning. This is also common with high doses of HGH and exhibited in children, whose IGF-1 levels are extraordinarily high. A child usually needs 4 hours more sleep than an adult on average does. This may be directly or indirectly related to IGF-1 levels.
- IGF-1 may cause your hands, fingers and knuckles to ache. An almost arthritic feeling can be associated with IGF-1 usage. The same feeling is also commonly associated with high levels of Growth Hormone.
- IGF-1 L[R3] used in larger quantity around the 100mcg+ range( see also dosage) may cause headaches, occasional nausea and can contribute to low blood sugar or hypoglycaemia.
It is highly recommend not to use Insulin and IGF-1 L[R3] at the same time, unless someone is very familiar to both of them.
- This product can be used not more than 3 years from the production date ( see box).
- After reconstitution, may be stored for a maximum of 30 days in a refrigerator at 2°C – 8°C.
- Store vials in an upright position.
- Store in a refrigerator (2°C – 8°C). Keep in the outer carton in order to protect from light.
- For one month can be stored at room temperature.